- Visual Studio 2012 puts the “Ug!” in “Ugly”
- What a Year Brings
- Installing Sharepoint 2010 Farm on a Single VMWare VM
- Access 2010: A Rare Second Chance
- Waaaay too busy to post….
- I’ll just leave this here…..
- Can’t Save Sharepoint Doc Even with proper permissions
- Can I Kick It? Yes I Can!
- Lessons Learned from a Cheese Curd maker
- I’ll just leave this here….
- So You Want To Be An Air Traffic Controller?
- A Toast to Brent!
- Does “Denali” portend the end of OLAP?
- Anti-Oopsie Tip of the Day
- The database principal is set as the execution context of one or more procedures, functions, or event notifications and cannot be dropped.
- That DBA Look…
- TSQL Cursor Options
- 2008 != 2008R2
- SSMS Tab Bar is Nearly Useless
- I Cannot Believe How Buggy MS Access Has Become!
Author Archives: combatdba
I think I’m all done with this article. Well, maybe not. Microsoft seem to have taken the really bad Metro idea from Windows 8 and pushed it onto VS2012 also. All dull grey. VS2010 had a classy, visually “easy upon … Continue reading
Ok, so it’s a year and change. In November 0f 2010, I was working at a small distribution company with the best group of people you could hope to serve (mostly), but with a limited technology environment. Things that could … Continue reading
If you are like most of us Sharepoint Admins (or SQL Server DBA’s in a Cluster Environment, for that matter), you will often want to run through a new service implementation on a Virtual Machine taking a snapshot and running the … Continue reading
Back in the late 90’s, tools and languages such Powerbuilder/PowerScript, and Borland’s Delphi/Pascal were leading the pack in the race to R.A.D. (Rapid Application Development). Microsoft, seeing that it had no real poker in this fire decided to push one of … Continue reading
Sorry for the long absence. I’ve been gone so long I didn’t even notice that my domain mapping had expired! Life as a (that is to say, THE) developer and DBA for an international airline company is demanding to say … Continue reading
I have NO idea how this happened! 😉
Ran into this today. User can open and edit, but cannot then save an excel spreadsheet from a document library. Error msg says “document is read only”. But it isn’t read only. And the user has proper permissions to the … Continue reading